The Culinary Instructor will report to the ACAC Dean to deliver the practical and academic Culinary Curriculum to students and ensure the production of student meals. The position will also ensure that all facilities are to the highest international standards with regards to cleanliness, safety and organisation. The Culinary Instructor will create a learning environment where students are encouraged to learn, show respect for the teacher and classmates. Instruction involves hands-on participation from the students so that they develop a firmer understanding of the practice. The Culinary Instructor will need to modify instruction techniques as needed to meet the needs of all students.
- Assists in the curriculum design and delivers academic curriculum according to syllabi and SOW
- Ensures that students receive a first class education to the highest standard possible
- Motivates and guides students to adhere to the school’s standard of excellence; leads by example
- Grades, evaluates and administrates teaching documents
- Motivates, guides and councils student in their development
- Researches on subject topics and upgrades teaching material frequently
- Maintain a clean, safe and secure working environment
- Ensures the smooth and efficient operation where learning can take place at the highest level.
- Takes and active role in delivering the curriculum
- Participates as a member of the operational committee and assist the team to ensure the effective functioning of the school.
- Successfully completed an apprenticeship or a formal qualification in hospitality or culinary management
- At least 5 years of international five-star culinary industry experience in middle management as sous chef, executive sous chef or executive chef
- Excellent subject knowledge in both academic and practical subjects
- High motivation level and a passion for the profession
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident communicator and the ability to motivate student
- Computer literate in Windows applications Word/Excel/Power Point
- English first Cambridge certificate, Khmer a big plus
If you are creative and able to take initiative, are energetic, enthusiastic, eager to take on new challenges and are comfortable being part of a team responsible for establishing a new institution then please forward a letter of interest and your CV showing your capabilities and ability to meet the qualifications required by the position. Your letter of interest should also include your expected remuneration. Short listed individuals will be interviewed by a panel in person, by phone or skype.
How to apply:
A more detailed TOR can be accessed on our website below. Interested individuals can apply by submitting an Expression of Interest and a detailed CV to:
Attn: Mr. Markus Kalberer
Position Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Application Deadline: 5 pm, Friday 23rd September, 2016