The ACAC Head of Culinary Arts Teacher will report to the ACAC Dean and will work directly with the ACAC management team and teaching staff. His/her role will be imperative to train students to become chefs and food production professionals. He / she will ensure and maintain a learning environment where students are encouraged to learn the culinary arts in profound detail. The curriculum plan and instruction involves the creation and application of a balanced hands-on participation from the students in the academy kitchen, class rooms, so that they develop a firmer understanding of the practices as well as theoretical education of culinary arts. The role also requires integrate and organize educational activities as part of the curriculum, such as Market surveys, farm produce visits, food manufacturing visits etc.
The functions of the Head of Culinary Arts Teacher will be as follows:
- Manages and oversees the aspects of all kitchen sections and other teaching programs, including the human resource, financial, technical and commercial requirements of their operation.
- Works closely with the Dean to create the curriculum plans based on the academy’s goals, fulfil and achieve the training objectives of ACAC.
- Oversees the planning and execution of the day-to-day operations of the training program, oversees quality of training, and ensures training is implemented within the set budget and time parameters.
- Develops strategies to attract and recruit proficient teaching staff in collaboration with ACAC’s team.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and assist the Dean in ensuring the ACAC curriculum is current and meets industry needs and communicate relevant, real-world experiences to the students.
- Monitor and assists teachers reporting to his desk, lead and guide teachers in practical and class room teaching. Evaluate teacher’s performances and report necessary recommendations to the Dean ACAC.
- Monitor the progress of the class, keep grade records and must provide data to the administration in a timely manner. Use appropriate technology, such as e-mail, or social media applications to communicate with students.
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations, reporting results to students in a timely manner.
- Notify students of professional opportunities and prepare them for employment upon graduation and support them in their job search.
- Participate in the development and revision of curriculum and create professional development activities or programs for students.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics and ensure students conduct themselves in such a manner.
- Is keeping close contact, membership of chef’s association and related culinary institutions locally and international
- Energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active and eager to take on new challenges
- A high degree of technical, practical and culinary knowledge and ability to relay information in a manner that provides a positive learning experience and instils a passion for the profession
- Comfortable in being part of a team responsible for establishing a new educational institution
- Certified Executive Chef (Male or Female), with culinary teaching background in the Hotel, Restaurant or Catering Sector of Hospitality
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
If you are creative and able to take initiatives; energetic, enthusiastic, and eager to take on new challenges; and are comfortable in being part of a team responsible for establishing a new institution then please forward a letter of interest and your CV showing your capabilities and ability to meet the qualifications required by the position. Short listed individuals will be interviewed by a panel in person, by phone or skype.
All positions are Phnom Penh based
How to apply:
Interested individuals can apply by submitting an Expression of Interest and a detailed CV to:
Attn: Mr. Markus Kalberer
Visit our Website: www.acac.edu.kh
Application Deadline: 5 pm, Monday July 15th, 2017