From June 19-23, a team from the World Bank conducted a Jobs Diagnostics Mission in Cambodia. The objectives of this missions were to:
- Identify key constraints to creating more and better jobs in Cambodia;
- Consult with the private sector to identify the types of firms, value chains, markets, and export patterns that are associated with better jobs today and in the future and;
As this is a key area of involvement for the ACAC, the delegation was invited for lunch and a meeting on June 23 to provide important input and help identify measures to spur the creation of more good jobs and upgrading the quality of current jobs.
The meeting included:
- Dr. Wendy Cunningham (Lead Economist, Social Protection, and Labor)
- Dr. Claire Hollweg (Economist, Trade, and Competitiveness)
- Ms. Johanne Buba (Senior Economist, Jobs)
- Ms. Une Lee (Senior Private Sector Specialist)
- Mr. Lan Van Nguyen (Senior Economist, Private Sector Development)
- Mr. Pierre Tami (Founder & CEO of the ACAC)
Images below show Mr. Pierre Tami taking the delegation on a tour of ACAC facilities and meeting with the group on issues of job creation.